Steve Jobs Quotes:
Let's dive into the genius of Steve Jobs with 11 golden quotes that inspire innovation, simplicity, and collaboration.
Efficiency: Jobs was known for his autocratic decision-making style. He believed in making decisions fast - valuing efficiency over collaboration.
1. When you innovate, you make mistakes. It's best to admit them quickly and get on with improving other innovations.
Clear Priorities: Knowing what matters most to you makes all decision-making far easier.
2. Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn't matter to me. Going to bed at night saying we've done something wonderful. That's what matters to me.
Trusting Intuition: Don't fear the unknown.
3. You can't connect the dots looking forward; You can only connect them looking backward. You've to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You've to trust in something - your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever.
Cutting Corners: Jobs knew excellence was a habit.
4. When you're a carpenter making a chest of drawers, you're not going to use plywood on the back, even though nobody will see it. For you to sleep well at night, the quality has to be carried all the way through.
Get Rid of Your Ego: We often cling to a viewpoint in fear of admitting we were wrong. But shedding your ego leads to the most growth.
5. I'll admit that I'm wrong a lot. It doesn't matter to me too much. What matters to me is that we do the right thing.
First Principles: Never blindly accept anything you're told. Always ask why. The answer you invariably get is, ‘That’s just the way it’s done.’
6. Nobody knows why they do what they do. Nobody thinks very deeply in business, that's what I found.
The Shortness of Life: Whenever you're scared to take a big leap: Recall Death.
7. Remembering that you're going to die is the best way to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose.
Simplicity: In a world of noise and distractions, the ability to concentrate on a few things that truly matter is a huge advantage.
8. One of my mantras - focus and simplicity. Simple can be harder than complex; you have to work hard to get your thinking clean to make it simple.
9. Your time is limited; so don't waste it living someone else's life and don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your inner voice.
10. While some see the crazy ones, we see genius. The ones who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.
Power of Collaboration: Interdependence, not independence, is key to success.
11. My business model is 'The Beatles': they were 4 guys that kept each others' negative tendencies in check; they balanced each other. And the total was greater than the sum of the parts.